Vitafeed Essential Omega 3 - Extra Vitality
with added Kelp meal
Omega 3 fish oils are essential in your dog’s diet to maintain optimal health and wellbeing and is known to significantly improve mobility in older dogs.
Essential Omega 3 - Extra Vitality also contains natural, readily digestible vitamins and minerals from Kelp meal. Kelp is particularly rich in iodine which is known to have the following benefits:
- Reduces hair loss
- Improves growth
- Minimises lethargy
- Reduces thirstiness
- Reduces irritability
Many expensive pet foods contain Omega 3, but the amount and type of oil used might not be sufficient for your pet’s needs. Essential Omega 3 – Extra Vitality is a super tasty, super easy food complement that you just sprinkle on your pet’s normal food, so you can be confident you are giving your dog all the extra ingredients he or she needs for a happy healthy life, particularly in later years.
The Omega 3 oil is added to a bio-active, gluten free base (ground corn cob) to produce an easy to use, free flowing meal that you simply add to your dog’s existing food and stir in.
Benefits of Omega 3 Salmon oil
- Effectively delivers the EPA and DHA forms of n-3 fatty acids essential for growth, development and reproduction not readily accessible from vegetable oils.
- Promotes coat hair glossiness and softness
- Improves anti-inflammatory response associated with skin, heart, kidneys and joints
- Supports skeletal health and prevention of osteoarthritis
- Encourages brain development in puppies-improving response to training
- Aids retinal development and visual performance early in life
Omega 3 FAQ’s
What would a dog owner expect from feeding omega 3 fatty acids from salmon oil?
- Health outcomes may vary depending on underlying clinical status. Hair coat glossiness and softness as well as reduced inflammatory conditions such as allergies manifested in itching and redness of the skin may cease. In healthy dogs omega-3 fatty acid will help maintain overall health.
How long does it take to notice a response?
- Inflammatory conditions such as allergies may improve within two weeks; however, in most cases levels of omega-3 fatty acids in the blood often reach a steady level after one month of supplementation.
What is the metabolism of omega-3 fatty acids in dogs?
- Dogs exhibit poor efficiency of covering alpha-linolenic acid found in vegetables into EPA and DHA and therefore supplementation with omega-3 from fish oil is recommended.
What is the ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids?
- Conventional dog foods have a ratio of omega-6 to omega- 3 fatty acids of 20:1compared with a healthy ratio of 5:1. To achieve this ratio supplementation with the omega-3 fatty acids from oil is recommended.
Would you like to know more or become a stockist?